What is hyperhidrosis /Excessive sweating treatment in Singapore?
Hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating, is a common disorder which produces a lot of unhappiness. Excessive sweating is common and can affect the whole body or just certain areas. Sometimes it gets better with age but there are things you can do and treatments that can help.
This is not a life-threatening condition, but yes, it can cause social anxiety, stress, and embarrassment.
Call us now if you ever experience excessive sweating. Our doctor will carefully analyse your symptoms and recommend you the right treatment to get rid of excessive sweating.
Get rid of the miserable
feeling of excessive sweating.
What are the symptoms of hyperhidrosis?
- Frequent sweating
- Wet palms
- Wet soles
- Wet armpits
- Sweat soaks through clothing and can cause stains.
- Wet private parts of the body
What are the problems of excessive sweating?
- Body odor
- Skin irritation
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Stained and smelly clothes
- Disturb social activities
- Disturb physical contacts with others
- Disturb day today routines
- Stress and anxiety
- Low in confidence
What are the Causes of Hyperhidrosis?
If abnormal excessive sweating occurs without any underlying medical condition, this condition calls primary hyperhidrosis. Factors such as, eating too much spicy food, consuming caffeine, hot atmosphere, exercising, stress and anxiety, consuming alcohol and drugs may trigger primary hyperhidrosis.
If abnormal excessive sweating occurs due to an underlying medical condition, this is call secondary hyperhidrosis. This may also occur due to the side effects of prescribed medication or supplements. Medical conditions such as heart problems, diabetes, infections, obesity, hormone imbalances, cancer may trigger secondary hyperhidrosis
What are the treatments available for
Injecting botulinum toxin (Botox®) into an overactive nerve can stop sweat production for months at a time. Treatments must be repeated, and our doctor will guide you and advice you based on your individual condition.
The benefits of Neurotoxin (BTX) :
- Treatment is quick and simple to carry out.
- No downtime with minimal side effects. Some patients may experience a little redness, but this will go away within few hours.
- Targets the underlying cause by working to block the activation of sweat glands.
- During the treatment, some patients have a slight level of discomfort but for most it is not considered painful. Noticeable reduction in sweat produced within 2-14 days. The treatment usually
Microneedling radiofrequency can be used to reduce Primary Axillary hyperhidrosis. This is a safe and non-invasive procedure with a positive therapeutic effect on hyperhidrosis.
There is a study from the European Journal of Plastic Surgery from 2019 that shows: A permanent decrease in sweating of over 50% was achieved in 30 patients (80%); intermediate results in 2 (7%) and little or no results in 5 patients (13% of patients)
This procedure will take about 15-20 minutes and no of sessions will depend on individual conditions.
Read more Gold-plated Micro needle RF